Do you need a Safety File ?
A Health and Safety File, otherwise known as a ‘ Safety File’ is a record of information focusing on the management of health and safety on construction sites for contractors and sub-contractors. It protects the employer from criminal liability and proves compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Where do you start?
There is so many google ads on cheap health and safety files and software.
Do you need a site specific health and safety file that was actually compiled by a professional for your scope of work? then you are on the right place.
Can you afford to decipher software, only to end up frustrated and lost in all the templates.
Leave the stress to us, you focus on your work or business. Sit back and relax, we will sort out all your occupational health and safety compliance issues in no time , its our business.
We are fully registered with SACPCMP, IWH and SAIOSH . We specialize in health and safety , and your compliance is our priority. Our Health and Safety Files comply with the occupational health and safety act ,and we deliver site specific files to your doorstep.
We deliver OHS Compliance Solutions for all industries including :
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Telecommunication and Transportation
- Power Generation
We develop a health and safety file specific for your scope of work and project, we do not print a generic file downloaded somewhere.
Who are we ?
Safety File , a division of Conrisk Consultants focus on delivering essential OHS Compliance services at the most affordable rates .
Stephan Van Der Westhuizen started CONRISK CONSULTANTS (PTY) LTD in 2014, after working for 10 years in the Occupational Health & Safety Industry. There was a need for a new, young and honest service provider in the construction industry, delivering professional services at real affordable rates.We are small enough to deliver professional services at the best rates in the industry.
When is a health and safety file required and what must the contractor know?
Every contractor and sub-contractor is required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and the Construction Regulations 2014, to have a Health and Safety File that must be available at all times. The Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and Construction Regulations 2014 state the following:
- Construction Regulation 3(6)– A client must ensure that the principle contractor keeps a copy of the construction work permit contemplated in sub regulation (1) in the occupational health and safety file for inspection by an inspector, the client, the client’s authorized agent, or an employee;
- Construction Regulation 5(1)(s) – The client must ensure that health and safety file contemplated in regulation 7(1)(b) is kept and maintained by the principle contractor;
- Construction Regulation 7(1)(b) –A principle contractor must open and keep on site a health and safety file which must include all documentation required in terms of the Act and these Regulations, which must be made available on request to an inspector, the client, the client’s agent or a contractor.
There is no prescribed format for a safety file in the OHS Act,Construction Regulation 7(1)(b) –A principle contractor must open and keep on site a health and safety file which must include all documentation required in terms of the Act and these Regulations.However the client or clients agent may prescribe an standard or format in the clients health and safety specifications .