A Health and Safety File, otherwise known as a ‘ Safety File’ is a record of information focusing on the management of health and safety on construction sites for contractors and sub-contractors. It protects the employer from criminal liability and proves compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
We supply health and safety files at the lowest rates in the industry, with the best service guaranteed
What do we include in your Safety File?
Every Health and Safety File is ‘site specific’. It will be compiled in accordance with the client’s and the site’s safety specifications. The overall information requirements remain the same, and the site specific documents will be added. When we setup your Health and Safety File, it will consist of the following Documents:
- Contractor appointment letter. (Construction Regulation 5(5)(k) or 7(1)(v)
37(2) Agreement between client and contractor
- Notification of Construction Work- we will submit the document to DOL
- Copy of the OHS Act and Regulations.
- Construction Work Permit.
- Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Letter of Good Standing ,Public Liability Insurance, Tax Clearance and other documents.
- Material Safety Data Sheets for hazardous materials used (if required)
- Risk Assessments- baseline and task specific
- Safe work procedures (Site Specific)
- Fall Protection plan-IWH Registered person will compile the FPP.
- Legal appointment with proof of training – all which is applicable to your scope of work.
- Incident reporting and investigation procedures and documents.
- Incident reports (General Administrative Regulation 9 (3) – Annexure 1)
- Emergency preparedness documents
- First aid documents- dressing records and registers.
- Induction records- company induction as well as client induction .
- Medical surveillance records- annexure 3 medicals.
- Safety communication (e.g. Toolbox talks)
- Health and Safety Plan- task and site specific
- Company Policies and Procedures – e.g. HIV Policy, Substance Abuse
- Registers (task and site specific, e.g. Confined space, PPE issue, hand tools etc.)
- Inspection registers
Searching for answers and guessing which of the OHS regulations are relevant to your business can keep you busy for a very long time. There are templates that you need, but there are so many and you don’t know which ones are correct. You are not sure what safety topics to use in your Tool Box Talks and how often you should do them. You simply don’t have the time and you have more important things to attend to. We will worry about your safety file while you worry about your business- we have all the knowledge and experience .
Read more on our blog
Contact us today to implement your Safety File
We will draft a site specific file, we will assist your staff on site to complete all the documents and we will assist with maintaining the file monthly.